Monday, September 5, 2011

Watercolour in Oils - after Jack Yeats, Irish artist



Well, the painting I so promised myself I would get back into didn't happen, but I have been busy making art with my camera. Just recently we've had very unsettled weather and heavy persistent downpours of rain here on Ireland's west coast. We tend to get the tail-end of every hurricane. Now most people might see that as a definite downer but for me it means I get a creative buzz as the rivers are swollen and flooded and fair game for a bit of abstract visual art.
When the sun came back out again the other afternoon I took myself out to my nearest fast-flowing hill river and managed to make a few images that I enhanced a little in Lightroom 3 and here is the result. As I studied fine-art for a while and painted abstracts I sometimes use my camera to convey that element of my vision. Hoping you like it. I'm off out to shoot more swollen rivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment