Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Reflections


It's already two years almost since the last Mayo Artists Show held by the Linenhall, Castlebar. It's come around so quickly - always a good sign! Hmmm, what to enter? - photographs? paintings? both? I'm undecided as yet but the time for pondering is upon me, and anyone else that intends entering for that matter. This Biennial Artist's Show is always a great showcase of what Visual Art is being made in the county and is open to anyone that lives, lived or works in County Mayo. I think that's mostly correct. Anyway, the deadline for entries is usually around late November so I'll be watching out - in the Mayo News and the Linenhall Programme. Here is a photo I entered in the last show - i was going through a mannekin phase and Street mono photography and noticed this image in the Spanish Quarter of Galway city.
Apart from that, I wrote a 4 page Foreword to a new anthology book project on Type 2 diabetes today, which will take as long as it takes to recruit contributors and do the editing and publishing. I'll probably publish under my own press and convert it to an e/book too. It's amazing how accessible all this personal publishing is today. You can quite easily get your voice out there without much expense (except time!)
Right, so, as promised, here is "Reflections" from the 2009 Mayo Artist's Show.
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment